A recurring service allows clients to set a daytime service to repeat with you every week. Just book it once, and the service will repeat automatically until you cancel. This is a great way to set a consistent schedule with repeat clients.
You can set up a recurring service for dog walking, day care, and drop-in visits.
Accept a recurring service request
If an owner requests a recurring service, it will be displayed in the Booking Details section indicating that the service repeats weekly. Simply book the request as you normally would.
In order to get paid for a recurring booking, you must send a Rover Card on the day of service. Once you successfully send your client a Rover Card, you'll receive payment on Tuesday of the following week.
If your client requests a one-time cancellation, follow these steps:
- Don't create a Rover card for that service.
- You'll receive a confirmation email on Monday. In order for you to receive on-time payment for your other services, please reply to that email to confirm that you intentionally skipped a Rover Card in order to cancel the service. This also ensures that your client receives a refund.
Add an extra booking
Need to add an extra walk, drop-in, or day care stay to an existing recurring booking? You can do this right from the Rover app by simply creating a new Rover Card. Your client will be billed separately for extra bookings.
Here's how to create a new Rover Card:
- Open the Rover app and tap Home.
- Tap the +Booking icon above your bookings for the day.
- Tap the client’s name to begin a new Rover Card.
- Select Yes, I'm sure.
End a recurring service
To end a recurring booking, you can cancel it from your Rover account. Keep in mind that the current week's booking will remain scheduled, but no new bookings will generate going forward. Here’s how to cancel:
- Locate the booking and tap the three-dotted icon.
- Tap Modify booking, then Cancel booking.
- Select a cancellation reason from the dropdown menu.
- Confirm your changes by tapping Cancel booking.
- Navigate to the Stay Details section of the booking from your inbox and select Cancel Booking.
- Select a cancellation reason and confirm your changes.
You and your client will receive a message confirming the cancellation. No new bookings for this client will appear beyond the one scheduled for the current week.
Rates for a recurring service
Keep in mind that the rates for a recurring service are based on the rates you set at the time of the initial booking. This means the rates are essentially locked in once you book with a client.
For example, if a recurring booking falls on holiday dates, or if you update your profile rates, the rates won't change for that recurring booking. If you want a recurring service to reflect new rates you've set, you can:
- Modify the price of the booking.
- End the recurring booking and start a new one with your client.