ou have the option to set additional pet rates and add-on rates for services during a booked stay. This article outlines these two types of rates and how to manage them from your sitter profile.
Additional pet rates
Additional pet rates allow you to set pricing for more than one pet in the household. You can set an Additional Dog rate and an Additional Cat rate.
For sitters who offer cat care: Make sure you specify that you accept cat care requests for each of your services by checking the box in the Pet Preferences section of your account.
If you haven’t previously set additional pet care rates on your profile, then it will automatically match the base rate you’ve set for that service. You can manually adjust these rates at any time if you want to offer a different rate for additional pets in the household. If you accept a request for a service that includes dog and cat care, we’ll apply your base rate for dogs plus the additional cat rate.
Below is a complete list of add-on services you can set additional rates for. Some of these will vary depending on the type of services you offer.
- 60-Minute Rate: For longer walks or drop-ins.
- Holiday Rate: Nightly rate for bookings during holidays.
- Extended Stay Rate: Nightly rate per dog for longer bookings.
- Puppy Care: For puppies under 1 year old.
- Cat Care
- Extended Stay Rate: For longer stays.
- Bathing and Grooming
- Pick-up and Drop-off
To opt out of any add-on service, delete the rate displayed in the field next to the service. This will remove it from your profile.
How to set additional rates
To add these additional services to your profile, you can manually set a rate for each one you want to offer.
To set these rates automatically, visit your sitter profile and check Update my additional rates based on my base rate under each of your services.
To manually set rates for additional services:
- Sign in to your Rover account, then click here to get to the rates management page.
- Under each of your services, select Show additional rates.
- Set your rates for the additional services you want to offer. For services you don't want to offer, leave the rate box blank.
- Scroll down and select Save.
Note: You can offer bathing and grooming for free if you’d like. Just check the Offer for free box under these services.
You can remove an additional service from your profile at any time by deleting the rate next to it. After making these changes, select Save at the bottom.
If your clients want to see a breakdown of your additional rates, they can select Additional Services & Rates at the bottom of your profile.