Welcome, pet lover!
If you're interested in becoming a pet sitter or dog walker, you can sign up anytime and fill out the different sections at your own pace. You can also complete each of the steps in any order.
Here's how to get started:
- Go to Rover.com and select Become a sitter, then scroll down the page to select Get started.
- Choose one or more services you'd like to provide, then select Save & Continue.
- Complete each of the following sections:
|This section is where you'll set rates, your availability, and pet preferences. If you selected multiple services, you'll only be prompted to fill out these details for one service to qualify for profile approval.
|Create Your Profile
This is the section where pet owners have a chance to learn more about you and your experience. Create a great first impression by saying a few words about yourself, adding some fun photos of you with a pet companion, and filling out your contact information.
|Reach out to past clients who can talk about their positive experiences with you as a pet care provider. Testimonials are great way to build trust with future clients.
|Pass a Safety Quiz
|Rover requires all pet sitters and dog walkers to complete our safety quiz. Watch educational videos as you go, and respond to the safety questions.
|Complete a Background Check
|Give pet parents peace of mind by submitting a background check from your Rover account.
4. Each completed section will have a checkmark next to it so you can easily track your progress. Once you complete all of the steps, select Submit. This will alert our team that your profile is ready to review.
If you change and don't want to use Rover as a sitter, simply select I no longer want to provide Rover services at the bottom of the page.
- Keep an eye on your email—our profile experts may ask you to modify a few things to make your profile the best it can be.
- You should hear from us within 10 - 20 business days. We’ll notify you via email if your profile is approved.
- Once your profile is approved and you pass the background check, your services will be visible in the Rover marketplace and pet owners will be able to contact you.
In the meantime, check out our Sitter Resources Center for tips on how to make the most of your business on Rover.