Open communication is the key to any great relationship. You can contact a client at any time via Rover Messages. You can also call the client if you booked their request.
Send a message
To send a message to your client from the app:
- Tap Inbox at the bottom of your screen.
- Locate a client based on their booking status:
- Tap Pending to view clients with unbooked stays or walks.
- Tap Upcoming to view clients with an upcoming booked stay or a stay that's in progress.
- Tap the folder icon at the top left of your screen to contact a client from a past stay.
- Once you select your client's name, you'll see a conversation thread. Write a message to ask questions, or attach photos or videos to provide updates. Tap Send.
- Select Inbox at the top of the page.
- Locate the client by selecting Pending Requests, Upcoming Requests, Past Stays, or Archived Requests tab.
- Select the client you want to contact. You'll be redirected to a conversation thread where you can send them a message.
Call a client
You can also call your client directly if anything comes up during a walk, a drop-in visit, or a day care stay in the app. This is typically reserved for emergencies (i.e., “is it okay that Spot ate that?”), but it all depends on your relationship with your client.
To call a client from the app:
- Tap Home at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the booking you’re tracking.
- Tap Call Owner.
|Note: If you're experiencing an emergency or you're concerned about the wellbeing of a client's pet, please contact Rover's Trust & Safety team. They’re available 24/7.
From the app, tap Call Rover at the bottom of the stay details.